Thursday, July 26, 2007

Insert witty comment here

So I am finally over the high of first coming back home. The excitement has worn off, i've seen most of my friends and visited my favorite places. Now it's back to being mundane Milwaukee. Oh well, it couldn't be exciting forever.
I finished reading the new Harry Potter. I can't say that it was my favorite of the series, but it was 1.) better than i expected and 2.) a great way to end the series. There are a few parts that i could have done without, but that'll happen in a 700+ page book. I think i am going to reread the 6th one again. I kind of forgot what happened in that book.
Yesterday i went to Chicago to visit Jon. It was a pretty good time. He has an AMAZING apartment and has gotten to know the city pretty well. We went to a neat little cafe for dinner and then went to an awesome bar for drinks. The bar has a bookshelf that has like 100 board games on it. So everyone in the place is playing some board game and yelling at their opponents. It's way fun! I won 1 game of Scrabble and 2 games of Trouble. I am awesome. But then i got a parking ticket, which made my winnings not so sweet.
In other, semi-morbid, news: yesterday was the anniversary of when my Grandma passed away. I still haven't been to her grave site yet. Maybe i'll go out there today. It also means that i arrived in Turlock one year ago yesterday. Wow, lots has changed since then!

3 comments:

Matt said...

Looks like you have done everything in Milwaukee, time for you to come to the Twin Cities!

Kali said...

I'm working on it. Maybe the 7-10 of August or something.

tiapugh said...

instead of re-reading the whole #6 HP I just wikipedia'ed Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince. It gives a detailed synopsis and it will jog your memory.

happy birthday and i miss you